Overview Of The 2020 Internship Program
- A 9 week, full time, paid internship working alongside other advertising enthusiasts to discover what media has to offer within one of our operating agencies (GroupM, Mindshare, Mediacom, Openmind, NEO, etc.) in either NYC, Chicago, LA, Atlanta or Portland.
- Your internship will be focused on one of the following areas: Media Planning, Media Buying, Programmatic, Data Science, Paid Search, Paid Social, etc. depending on business needs.
- A first-hand perspective of day-to-day life at a media agency and resources to learn the programs/tools and processes used in the industry.
- Preparation for a full-time job and a toolkit of knowledge about planning and buying off-line and digital media, consumer insights, analytics, and more.
- Real world experience that doesn’t include fetching coffee for your supervisor. You will be treated as a true member of your team and will work alongside them on actual projects for clients.
- Great networking opportunities with industry professionals at all levels.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Like food? Phenomenal. Us too. Working with us you’ll attend lunch-and-learn seminars to develop knowledge of different expertise ranging from media planning to media buying, to data science, to programmatic, to SEM, SEO, Paid Social practice areas, etc.
- GroupM’s teams include some of the top talents in this industry. We have friendly, inclusive teams where you’ll learn how agencies operate and how different functions collaborate.
- In addition, you’ll gain exposure to useful analytical and media tools such as Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Nielsen, ComScore and a range of other tech.
- You are a Junior or Senior in college, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, statistics, economics, applied math or communications. We also encourage students majoring in Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, or any area of study involving understanding human behavior to apply!
- You’re highly curious with a growth mindset. You have already sought opportunities to educate yourself about digital marketing and advertising.
- Computer-literate, especially in wrangling numbers and making presentations/decks.
- Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities.
- We know you’re meticulous. You’re all about the details and you have excellent analytical skills.
- You can get a point across, you can win a debate. You have strong presentation, communication and social skills.
- Last but not least, you’re helpful, tenacious, and look for ways you can contribute without needing supervision.